Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"Procrastination"

Sunrise Over Lake Tyers


The dictionary meaning of procrastinate is:
Procrastinate
1: to defer action; delay: to procrastinate until an

opportunity is lost.
2: to put off till another day or time; defer; delay.
This is me to a tee, I have developed this action down to a fine art.
I wish someone could hand me

"The five easy steps to combat procrastination".
But reading this definition really does sum up what happens when we procrastinate.
We delay something that we need, should and sometimes want to do.
It also hands us a LOST OPPORTUNITY.
While I was surfing the net last night I also found this great quote as well,

and it actually got me to move into action.


"Procrastination is the thief of time.
Putting things off robs us of the opportunity to accomplish something."


So I sat myself down and wrote 5 things I really wanted and needed to accomplish today. The reason 5 things? Years ago I did some sort of course where I was told that our brain can
only handle 5 tasks per day. One of my tasks was to go to the Gym, and surprise surprise I got
up and was down at the Leisure Centre at 7.45am doing water aerobics. To my surprise now, I actually got my 5 tasks completed.

I know it has only been one day, but that’s it, I have succeeded for one day.
Now my positive thinking is going to kick in and I WILL succeed tomorrow.

"You never discover new oceans until you leave the shore"

2 comments:

I would love to hear your comments.