Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Beautiful but Weird




At the Tasmanian Craft Fair there was some really amazing art. These masks are made out of a really thin delicate leather, not sure which leather - maybe Deer. They are quite amazing, really really delicate and quite beautiful, but I was a little freaked out by the face - or should I say no face. I know they aren't meant to have a face but the eye area really freaked me out a bit. The one on the left had hundreds of tiny stands of the leather woven all amongst itself and the workmanship was incredible. I really find great joy in seeing how creative and brilliant some people can be in what they can produce from their hands.

1 comment:

  1. These are amazing and you took stunning photos of these masks! I sure wouldn't want one hanging on my bedroom wall, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments.