Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Understory - Art in Nature


Well here we are in 2014, wasn't it only a couple of years ago that we were all waiting for all the computers in the world to reap havoc as the clocks turned over to 2000! Yeap, that's right nothing happened!! I would like to thank all my readers for coming along on my Aussie Adventure, it makes my heart sing when I hear that you are enjoying the journey. I wish each and every one of you the best 2014 you could possibly have. May your year be filled with LOVE, LAUGHTER and most all FUN. Hopefully you will continue with me on this journey and along the way we may have a few laughs, there may be some tears but above all please each day take some time for yourself. Because in your world you are the most important person in it. Thanks again and I LOVE you all.

Yesterday we went for a drive out to Northcliffe to visit an attraction I had read about a while back. I am so glad we visited Understory - Art in Nature as I felt at one with Nature the whole time we were there. Understory is a nationally unique art in Nature experience that can be enjoyed by all ages. Even though Shane is not into art at all, he still enjoyed the experience. Various artworks are located along a 1.2km walk trail through pristine native forest. Over 50 nationally and internationally renowned artists have participated in the project since it was first established in 2006. New artworks are added regularly. Some of the works are classed as being ephemeral pieces (meaning: lasting a very short time) and eventually they will deteriorate and fall back into the forest.


Natalie Williamson
Perth, Western Australia
Sundew
Metal pipe, steel rod, laser cut steel, silicon, gloss enamel paint (2006)
Based on the native sundew flower, this sculpture plays with scale -
the small becomes large, easily overlooked, becomes apparent.

Graham Hay
Perth , Western Australia
Nurture 11
Recycled paper, steel rod, fungus (2008)
I return more than 20,000 pages of (mostly unread) government reports to the forest.
Impregnated with native Scarlet Bracken Fungus pores,
these digits may grow and have a life of their own.

Lorenna Grant
Perth, Western Australia
Whole, You Were Meant To Be Here
Steel, Karri sticks, wire (2009)
Suspended halo representing a communion; the result is an energy field, a ring, a nest, a platform.

Richie Kuhaupt
Perth, Western Australia
Layers and Then There's Layers (Forest Folk)
Marble resin, cement, iron dust, steel (2006)
Figures representing the symbolic association people have developed with
the forest landscape, itself an entity built layer on layer over time.

The little Forest Folk were my favourites.

And still Nature was there in all it's glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments.