Thursday, January 30, 2014

Farewell Kallgoorlie Boulder

Our last full day in Kalgoorlie Boulder before we start heading south for Esperance was a day of housework things. Stuff like stocking up on supplies, filling the petrol tank and getting spare fuel.  Also getting to a few other things that needed doing.
Then I took myself off to get a few photos of the historic buildings along Kalgoorlie's main street Hannan St. I have never been in a city, town or anywhere for that matter that has so many old historic buildings. It seemed that every time I turned around I was confronted with another beautiful relic from the past.
Kalgoorlie Town Hall - Erected 1908

Kalgoorlie Public Buildings....

...1899

Exchange Hotel ....... this is one amazing building!!

The Australia Hotel .... now guest accommodation
 
Even the butchers had very fancy buildings!!

Cohn's Building - Erected 1899
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments.