Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sad Day

Today hasn't been much fun as it is 12 months since my dear old Dad left me. I had to work and I was glad, otherwise I would have just sat around all day and felt sorry for myself. I know we all have to go through the loss of a parent but when you are in the midst of the emotion you feel like the only one in the world that is suffering. I want to thank all of my wonderful friends for putting such lovely comments on my facebook page and I want you to know that your words do help. My Dads name was/is Keith Pitcher and he was a wonderful man. Yes I was a daddy's girl (even at 56) but you could asked anyone who knew him they would all tell you what a great bloke he was. He was the true epitome of a gentleman - he always opened the door for a woman, always walked on the road side of the footpath, just as they did back in the 30's, 40's and 50's. I never ever heard him say a wrong word about anyone, I remember we did have one relative that was quite the busybody and quite annoying. When people in the family would be complaining about her all my Dad would say was "She means well". He also had a very cheeky sense of humour, he would be serious in a conversation and all of a sudden this cheeky little boy would show up. The people he loved most in the world were his Mum - Myrtle, his wife and my Mum - Joan and me and us three woman were very honoured to have had him in our lives. Thanks Dad for helping me be me.

4 comments:

  1. Huge hugs sent your way today Davine, I have something to send to you but have to go to my new computer... I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again, this was sent to me and I LOVE it so I'm going to share it with you my friend.

    People come into our life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

    When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person.

    When someone comes into your life for a reason, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.

    They have come to assist you with a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support.

    They guide you physically, emotionally or spiritually.

    They might seem like a God send and they are.
    They are there for the reason you need them to be.
    Then without any wrong doing on your part or at an inconvenient time this person will do or say something to bring this relationship to an end.

    Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.

    What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.

    The prayer you sent up has been answered, and now it's time to move on.

    Some people come into our life for a season, because your turn has come to share, to grow or to learn.

    They bring you an experience of peace, or they make you laugh.

    They may teach you something you have never done.

    They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.

    Believe it, it is real but only for a season.

    Lifetime relationships teach you lifetime lessons, things you must build upon to have a solid emotional foundation.

    Your job is to accept the lesson.

    Love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and other areas of your life.

    It is said that love is blind, but friendship is clairvoyant.

    Thank you for being a part of my life, whether you were a reason, a season or a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tribute to you father. I remember how much he meant to you.
    Sending big hugs, jj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I know how you miss your dad! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments.