Saturday, October 9, 2010

What if there isn't "Anymore"

A friend of mine (Lois) sent me this email today, and I just have to share it with all out there.
It fits right in with my theme for October.

One day a woman's husband died, and on that clear, cold morning, in the warmth of their bedroom, the wife was struck with the pain of learning that sometimes there isn't "anymore". No more hugs, no more special moments to celebrate together, no more phone calls just to chat, no more "just one minute." Sometimes, what we care about the most gets all used up and goes away, never to return before we can say good-bye,
 say"I love you."

So while we have it, it's best we love it, care for it, fix it when it's broken and heal it when it's sick. This is true for marriage.....And old cars... And children with bad report cards, and dogs with bad hips, and aging parents and grandparents. We keep them because they are worth it, because we are worth it.

Some things we keep -- like a best friend who moved away or a sister-in-law after divorce. There are just some things that make us happy, no matter what.

Life is important, like people we know who are special.. And so, we keep them close!

Suppose one morning you never wake up, do all your friends know you love them?

I was thinking...I could die today, tomorrow or next week, and I wondered if I had any wounds needing to be healed, friendships that needed rekindling or three words needing to be said..

Let every one of your friends know you love them. Even if you think they don't love you back, you would be amazed at what those three little words and a smile can do. And just in case I'm gone tomorrow.

I LOVE YA!!!

Live today because tomorrow is not promised.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW! Fabulous post and excellent reminder, Davine. Thank You! (Love ya, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how true! I've taken to telling those near and dear to me I love them each and every time I communicate with them, hugs are plenty and words are chosen wisely. Ever since my very near brush with death 5 yrs ago, I was so close to never seeing anyone ever again or until I met up with them in the spirit world, that today I've learned to be extremely grateful and generous with my hugs and kisses and love. There's not a whole lot of time here on earth and how can we take everyone and everything for granted, we never know Davine what our tomorrows might bring.

    On that note, love and hugs sent your way tonight. Thanks for the gentle reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! I am sure that those I love know that I love them dearly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Davine for an inspiring blog yet again. Having been given another 14 years (so far) after my 'death notice' I try to do this regularly too, but a reminder now and then doesn't hurt, as slipping back into a rut of thinking they all just know anyway is so easy.
    Love and hugs to you across the miles,
    Mark
    XX

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments.