Friday, April 16, 2010

Cairns - Day 3

I decided today to go on a little Cairns adventure. With Shane having to head up to “Lakeland” (80kms from Cooktown) for the day and Stacey still in Charleville until tonight I thought it was a great opportunity to make my way into the city centre using public transport. This is unusual for me cause I always have a car with me. Having grown up an only child I have always been very comfortable in my own company but recent times have had me with other people the majority of the time. As this time away is my “Pilgrimage of Self Discovery” I thought what better way to get to know me again than to just hang out with me. I had such a lovely day just wandering and discovering. Cairns is a very touristy city with heaps of souvenir shops and also heaps of pretty interesting restaurants. I had a lovely Chinese lunch and after much walking around it this very humid weather I just had to shout myself a beer. Mmmm it was very nice! Even though Cairns is on the coast the beach is not suitable or safe for swimming, due to the chance of Jellyfish and Crocodiles. To compensate for this the foreshore has the beautiful “Cairns Esplanade Lagoon”. Looking out over Trinity Inlet you can see coastal mountains and mangroves. Little has changed to the coastline sine being named back in 1770 by Capt. James Cook.

“Davine Time” update: Prior to arriving in Queensland I had written down some goals and
decisions I wanted to try and decide/resolve while on my pilgrimage. I feel today I am able
to cross one of those matters of my list as I think I have had one little breakthrough.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely day, Davine. :) But, I am most impressed with crossing one of your items off the list. Well Done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello once again, I see that this is working now. These silly machines, I just don't know some days who's smarter me or the computer! lol

    Happy Saturday to you Davine and good night from Canada!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments.