Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Escape the Heat

The last few days have been extremely warm here in Busselton, in fact from what I have heard from the locals this hot weather is quite unusual. But today the temperature has dropped to a comfortable 29c ish with a nice cooler breeze. As we don't have any air-conditioning in Myrtle (not that I want any) we spent a fair bit of time driving around the area in the air-conditioned car.
Sunday it was the day the local market was on. Lots of normal market stalls, some great fresh produce stalls and one that sold all sorts of local seafood. Of course we had to buy another kilo of prawns and very yummy they were too.

Some of the fresh produce at one of the local markets

A cuddle with Santa - he was a Scottish Santa and very sweaty!
 Yesterday we went for a drive to the Leewin Naturaliste National Park, out along the beautiful Geographe Bay coastline with it's white sandy beaches to the Cape Naturaliste.
Along the way we stopped at some beautiful beaches and also had lunch at one of the boutique breweries - Eagle Bay Brewing Co. Now I like the taste of beer so I thought I would give the Pale Ale a try. It was a very fruity brew in fact to me it tasted like grapefruit. I didn't really like it but the one Shane had a Mild Ale that tasted a lot better.

Just one of the beautiful white sandy beaches we saw

Family of Four at Dunsborough Beach
 
Eagle Bay Brewing Co. Mild Ale

I was surprised to see Santa and Rudolf in this farmers front paddock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments.