Sunday, November 20, 2016

Urunga, New South Wales

After enjoying our stay here last year we just had to come and stay in Urunga again. Last year it was only 3 nights but this time we have extended our stay to 6 nights. With a population of just over 3000, Urunga is another seaside town that's population increases during the holiday season and on weekends.  Urunga's attraction all have to do with water especially surfing and fishing. We have been out fishing a few times but have had no luck. Luckily there's a couple of places I can get my seafood fix. 
He's pretty happy when his day involves having a fish with a beer in hand

These local oysters are definitely up there with best I've ever had
The Urunga boardwalk is a spectacular one kilometre walk over the tidal Urunga Lagoon then out to the beach. 
I really did try to get out early enough to get some shots of the sunrise, but I was a bit late.
But I'm pretty happy with this one. 

This little guy was making a bit of a racket........

......then I noticed his mate he was talking to. 

This lone fisherman was lucky enough to find a nice quiet spot out of the wind. 

The sight looking back at Urunga from the end of the boardwalk is quite spectacular


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments.