Saturday, January 16, 2010

It's Complicated

Well this is a first for me - I have never written a movie review before. I apologise to anyone out there that may be, I really have no idea, I just know what I like and what I don't. Last night was a great night out with some girlfriends for dinner and the movies. Firstly we went to a restaurant called "Urban Grooves Cafe" which I have been before. I have been there twice and both times my meals have been very yummy. Last night I had Fettucine Marinara - Mmmm it was really nice - my favuorites pasta, seafood and garlic. Then onto the movies - just couldn't fit in any popcorn but still had an icecream. Now onto the movie - "I'ts Complicated" would get about 4 out of 5 from me. I suppose it would be called a funny romantic movie. Meryl Streep is just fab and very funny in it, but as she is my favorite actress I couldn't say anything else. Alec Baldwin plays a really good part, sort of the pathetic baby that I think a lot of divorced women would like the ex to become!! Steve Martin was great - not his usual funny self but he played a great part. I wouldn't say it was a girly movie, I know Shane would enjoy it.  Overall it was an extremely funny movie, there were times when I couldn't see the screen though the tears of laughter. I would definitely see it again.