Saturday, January 16, 2010

It's Complicated

Well this is a first for me - I have never written a movie review before. I apologise to anyone out there that may be, I really have no idea, I just know what I like and what I don't. Last night was a great night out with some girlfriends for dinner and the movies. Firstly we went to a restaurant called "Urban Grooves Cafe" which I have been before. I have been there twice and both times my meals have been very yummy. Last night I had Fettucine Marinara - Mmmm it was really nice - my favuorites pasta, seafood and garlic. Then onto the movies - just couldn't fit in any popcorn but still had an icecream. Now onto the movie - "I'ts Complicated" would get about 4 out of 5 from me. I suppose it would be called a funny romantic movie. Meryl Streep is just fab and very funny in it, but as she is my favorite actress I couldn't say anything else. Alec Baldwin plays a really good part, sort of the pathetic baby that I think a lot of divorced women would like the ex to become!! Steve Martin was great - not his usual funny self but he played a great part. I wouldn't say it was a girly movie, I know Shane would enjoy it.  Overall it was an extremely funny movie, there were times when I couldn't see the screen though the tears of laughter. I would definitely see it again.

6 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing that movie. We never go to a theater but we'll rent it when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I don't watch movies, I enjoy hearing that others enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like I'd best check this one out, ty Davine for the review and you did a wonderful review by the way!

    Dinner and a movie with friends, excellent choice for some "me" fun!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh ty Davine sounds like i need to put this on the to-do list... having a great laugh is such great medicine...

    Cheers

    A'isha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like my kind of movie! Nothing better than laughter.
    Will look out for that one.
    Still haven't watched 'Slumdog Millionares', but this is next on my list to watch as recorded it from the TV last week. My Time!

    Please you had a good evening out!

    Kind Regards

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the sort of review that I hear again and again as my friends go and see this film. However, I did not like it!

    There were some funny bits, like the web-cam scene between Baldwin and Martin. But I thought the two men were portrayed as being pathetic. And although Streep is my favourite actress too, I did not like this role. The movie was all about women's supremacy over men, and I never like that as a starting point. This film reminded me of "First Wives Club" and the ONLY good thing about that film was the singing of the song at the end.

    I think I am out of step. I know this film is packing them in up here.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments.