Wednesday, January 20, 2010

3000!!!!

Yay, I hit the 3000 mark of people who have viewed my blog today - I am up to 3018 - who would have thought - I am very happy.

Todays "Davine Time" was spending lots of small moments with my Dad. For those new to my blog I will fill you in on part of my life at the moment. Currently I am the full time carer for my "Dear Ol Dad" who turned 91 on November 9th last year. He has always been pretty healthy and semi active for an old guy even with lots of ailments such as Heart Failure, Diabetes etc etc. That was right up until the day he turned 91, that was when he decided he didn't feel like getting out of bed anymore and he hasn't. He now has heart failure and renal failure and is very frail, week and sleeps all the time. He has always liked a beer, so one of our moments today was sharing a stubbie together. It tasted good too. Another lovely moment was, after dinner he anounced that he might get out of bed!! So up he got, well I actually did the getting and I wheeled him out to the lounge room to sit with me for a while. It was lovely while it lasted - it actually only lasted 10 mins and he was exhausted from sitting up and went back to bed and fell straight to sleep. As I said they were very small moments but they were really nice moments shared with my Daddy.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on soooooo many visitors. It is well worth the trip to get to your blog. You always have a great attitude about life, you're a good influence on my old snarky self. ((((((((hugs))))))))))) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Life is all about the attitude you take. Anything can show glimpses of beauty and grace. All you have to do iss look at it the right way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad your dad felt like a beer and a bit of sitting up!!! It's those little moments that matter...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for him, and for you. My father his life long, has had a fetish for fruit. He used to sell fruit and veg from the back of a truck. Instead of sharing a beer, I will take a water-melon down to share with him. Same difference.

    I have put some photos of me and my Dad in my Plumbing blog which is on my side-bar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Davine! And, thanks for a lovely 'Davine-time' story ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, that's so special that you and your Dad had a beer together and from the sounds of it he even perked up a tad bit! Awesome, even if only for those brief 10 mins! That's most likely ten mins. which neither of you will ever forget.

    Congrats on all the company here, that's so cool now I wish that I would have kept my counter, only problem with mine though, every time I went to my blog it was counting me and that annoyed me so I got rid of it! lol

    Cheers Davine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats... DAvine... im so far behind... i remember i got excited when my counter hit 100..

    So glad you and your dad had some time together...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on 3000+ visits. That's a major accomplishment!

    I'm glad you got to share a sweet moment with your Dad. You are a true angel to take such good care of him.

    Enjoy the weekend together.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments.