Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Words

This is Tuesdays post on Wednesday. Last night I sat down to write my post, but after reading all of your beautiful comments I was really at a total loss for words (now thats pretty unusual for me). I hope it comes across in these words - but I really really appreciate them. They made me feel like I had lots of friends sitting in the room with me having a chat about life. Isn't the internet as we have it today amazing. Although it can also cause some hurt. Later last night while checking facebook, I read some comments made by someone I love about someone else I love and even though they were not about me I felt very hurt and sad. As I think they may both read this blog I would like to say I would never take sides because I love them both so very much, but please remember life is way to short to be bitter, angry or waste any of your precious energy on negative stuff. Just remember what the important things in life are and above all have "FUN".

Todays "DavineRaeDesign" update - I am in the process of drawing up what I would like my website to look like!! In the meatime I think I will attach another blog to this one with a gallery of my jewellery.
What do you think, would that be a good idea or not - love your feedback?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I think attaching the new jewelry blog to this one is a very good idea! And not to be mercenary, but continue to build up this blog, and commenting and visiting other blogs is a good way to do that...keep posting...post on both blogs...I find it very interesting when jewelry makers will post on their selling blogs some chit-chat about how and why they create, otherwise it's just a selling blog and won't get the followers it needs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it would be a wonderful idea to add another blog and post your jewelery! What do you have to lose from this venture?

    I agree with you that the internet can be a wonderful world and I also agree with what you say about not picking sides. Life is way to short to spend it angry, upset, bitter, or in any other negative state. I view anger as a total waste of positive energies. Don't get me wrong, I still get angry on occasion but it is times such as this where I chose to connect with gratitude. I find that it's pretty darn hard to stay angry when I have so much to be grateful for!

    On that note, it's time to post my P365 and hit the books!

    Cheers Davine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the first commenter. Connect your jewellery blog to this one and this one to the jewellery blog. BUT POST TO BOTH. Make the other one short but chatty but about the product and how you designed/made/conceived it. Include the potential customer in on the process and they will have quasi-ownership of the product already.

    Choose your colour scheme wisely. Not sure about the style of stuff you create. But a light background and gorgeous typeface and colour. Easy to read. Make the images of the product maybe 320 or 640. Dont crowd your blog with other ideas, links, badges. Just create a concept and stick with it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments.