Friday, January 22, 2010

I Hate Ants!!

Don't you hate it when you open a cupboard door and there in front of your eyes is a couple of hundred ants trying to carry away your food. Well thats what happened to me today - Oh my goodness I really hate them. What are the after? I know they come in for food, shelter or water but they ain't gonna get that at my expense. Luckily the cupboard they were it had mostly tightly sealed containers. But they were enjoying a fed in my sugar container and would you believe they were in the salt and pepper shakers!!!! Well I quickly gave them a few drops of "Ant Rid" - let them the buggers munch on that and take it back to the others in the nest. Can anyone tell me what ants are good for, why have we got them. I think they are just an annoying waste of space. Can you tell I don't like them!!

**** "Davine Time" update - I sat down and put my feet up for an hour or so and just browsed a Womens Magazine. Wasn't very interesting but was relaxing.

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you, they make my blood boil... and in the NT they had so many more the red ant and the teeny tiny ants that lived in the sugar, u just learn to have your coffe with extra protein...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now my dear, we must stay friends despite the fact that I love ants and have a pet Harvester ant colony in my yard...I feed them often...I also have 2 other ant colonies that I help a bit, some tiny pissants and some Texas Crazy Raspberry ants...I love them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, I hate ants. I'm going to sound like Heloise Hints but if you peel a cucumber and put it in their route to the food, they will not cross it. It also works on roaches and other uglies that but humans. I happen to like the smell of cucumber so it's an easy and pleasant way to thwart (what a strange word huh) the nasty ants. I have a friend who dries the peels and grinds them up and sprinkles across doorways as well. So there ya go. Cheers, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Davine, just looked up my book and Ants mean STRENGTH. "Ant Dreaming nurtures within us the power of strength - strength of mind, body and spirit, as well as community and patience." That's from Scott Alexander King's book "Animal Dreaming".

    By the way, I use Peppermint Oil to distract my ants and suggest they relocate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My theory on ants... to teach us tolerance. When it comes to them invading my space, you bet I get rid of them though. Very unlike A'isha, I get enough protein I don't need it with my tea, maybe they stay away from tea and only bother coffee, I knew I quit coffee for some odd reason! lol

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments.