Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hot - Cool - Pleasure

Todays temperature high was 34c, a bit better than yesterday but still pretty warm. But the clincher was the lowest temp. over night was 27c, and that is way to hot for anyone to have to deal with while trying to sleep. Needless to say there wasn't to much peaceful sleeping going on last night. I was quite stressed  making sure Dad didn't get to hot or dehydrated. But now we have had a refreshing cool change come through and we even got some rain. You could almost hear the plants and trees cheering for the beautiful drops of rain showering them. Shane thought I was crazy when I just stood out in the rain letting the water pour all over me, it was so refreshing. I must say when it is really hot it is hard to think of something to do that is "FUN" for yourself. Then I thought of some of the words I wrote to define the word "FUN" and one was "PLEASURABLE'. So my mind began the process - Mmmm - pleasure - eating - Chinese Food from my favorite resturant - Diamond Resturant. It's not the closest one to me but certainly is the tastiest - yes it is worth the 10min drive. Now I am sitting here having just finished my - Wonton Soup - Fried Rice - Combination Omlete, feeling very satisfied by my pleasurable meal. I am really enjoying this "Davine Time" I am treating to myself each day.

4 comments:

  1. Glad the weather broke!

    I often pour icewater on myself in the summer. Of course, it's the desert here, so it dries within minutes, literally...if we had rain, I'd certainly stand in it!!!

    Chinese food is my very favorite!!! Good for you in making sure you had your special time, or as I was TOLD they say in Oz, Good on ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to grin at you out in the rain, twirling around like a dervish!

    My pleasure yesterday was going to lunch with a friend at Clovelly and then photographing the ponds in Centennial Park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonight, I just can't get warm. In UK, we've gone to the other extreme. Warmer to what it has been but snowing now. Spent the day in local Hotel due to computer course, but part of building quite chilly.
    Layers of bedding tonight.
    I'll do my best to keep warm, so keep cool Davine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that it's cooled off there a bit for you Davine. I can just picture you out there in the rain, I used to love walks in the rain and this spring I'm going to put that on my "to do" list!

    Sounds like a wonderful dinner as well.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments.