Sunday, September 14, 2014

My Solo Journey

Today I headed off early on my journey to Batemans Bay where my son Shane and his family live. Knowing that the distance between Eltham and Batemans Bay was to much for me to do in one day I decided to stay in Eden for the night. 

After heading off just after 7am my first stop to stretch my legs was a couple of hours down the highway at my cousin Susan's. It was also nice to spend some time with her. Then it was back on the road stopping every now and then to have a stretch. One such stop was in the tiny village of Cann River. Cann River is alway a must stop, not only for a loo stop but the bakery has the best lamington. 

Finally after 544kms I reached my nights destination Eden. Considering the distance I had driven I felt ok but my eyes were really tired so it was time for a snooze. After a refreshing hours sleep and a bit of a walk it was time for my much awaited dinner. Fish and Chips down at Eden wharf. Not to many meals are better than fresh fish and chips by the water. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments.