Wednesday, March 1, 2017

February - well that turned out different

Well how quick did February go? My February turned out totally differently to what I was expecting. We were all planned and booked to have a nice week in Echuca when Shane took ill and was off to hospital in an ambulance. After three weeks of hospital then rehab, lots of scans and test and also a couple of stressful misdiagnosis and then told they were wrong we are hopefully now off the rollercoaster we have been on. He came home today on crutches and still in a bit of pain, but at least he's home. But my time wasn't all spent visiting hospitals I did get a chance to catch up with some girlfriends,spent time with my daughter and my granddaughters and completed a couple of projects I have had on my to do list for a while.

My oldest grandchild Clare had her first athletics day at school. It was pretty cute watching all the little preppies doing their activities. Some loved it, some didn't care and some were in tears. Clare had fun but wasn't really into being the first over the line.
And she's off...

Egg and Spoon race would have been more interesting if they were real eggs!!!
I had a lovely catchup up with a a couple of past workmates Helen,Kaye and Kaye's daughter Ava for brunch in the city. Then to celebrate a friend, Melissa's birthday a group of us got the train into the city and then a ferry along the Yarra River to Williamstown for the day. The hour long ferry ride was a very enjoyable trip travelling under several high and very low bridges with some amazing views of Melbourne CBD.
What a great day with some great friends - having a bit of fun with the street performers. 

Me and Gold Man

Melbourne CBD from the water

I think the fish and chip tasted better eating them in the park

By the end of a great adventure on a very warm day  I was ready to finish with one of these
What will my birthday month March bring me? I have a few things planned but wherever it takes me I'm ready for the adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments.