Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lets Talk

I must admit I am a bit of a “tech head”. I love all things – well as much as I know – techie. I love my mobile phone, I have it on me all the time, my friends and I text each other, I take photos with it all the time, I record many things that I want to remember, I use it for my diary – so much so if I lost my mobile I wouldn’t know what I was doing. I also really love my desk top computer and laptop. I love having access to programs such as email and my blog to communicate with old and new friends from Australia and all over the world. They make keeping in contact with everyone just so easy. Now where am I going with this I can hear you ask? Today I called; yes I dialled a number and actually spoke to my lovely friend Michelle of “Joy Express”. When Michelle answered the phone I actually had a bit of a revelation of how nice it was to actually hear her voice and talk and have an actual “in the moment” conversation with someone. As we talked I realized that when we write or talk on our blog or email, we write differently, more structured that we do when we speak. When we are actually speaking to someone we don’t do any spell check and proof reading we just say what we feel in that moment. I know and it has been pointed out to me that I do sound different when I have a conversation to when I am writing. I wonder if anyone else out there thinks or have been told they sound different when they write compared to when they talk. I would love to hear your answer and your opinions.


“Living to Learn” – The first couple to be shown in bed on prime TV was
Fred and Wilma Flintstone.

“Davine Time” – Actually talking (not texting or emailing) to a couple of friends and family.