Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Little Adventures.




Once again I had a mental blank today about what to blog about. That was until I read today's post from "Blossom Flower Girl" at "Melbourne Daily Photo". One of the delights the city of Melbourne has is some amazing interesting little streets, laneways and arcades. It's not just the people, but also the shops, the graffiti and the overall feeling you get when exploring. It's been a while since I have headed off into the city and just explored all the little bits and pieces you can discover. In the late 1980's I lived in New York for just over 3 years. I lived about 40mins out of Manhattan in Larchmont (Westchester County) and every Tuesday was my adventure day. I would head into Manhattan and just walk up and down the streets. It was amazing all the sights, sounds and experiences I had the pleasure of welcoming into my world. That is a part of my past life I really miss - just getting out there and wandering around and soaking in everything I can. Maybe that is something for me to get back into - even at a small scale at the moment as I can't really head off for hours at a time.