Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Feelings of Loss

My day today was one of sorting out the things I want to do during the week such as “Work” as in paid work, organising some volunteer work and working on building my jewellery business. Now that I know what I want to do, it’s easy to decide the next step on my journey. It’s pretty exciting taking these first steps into the almost unknown.


On a totally different not, it amazes me how grief can just jump up and surprise you when you least expect it. It’s now coming up to 3 months since my Dad passed away and it has been just over 2 ½ years since my Mum passed away and I have been pretty good the last month. Tonight I had to drive near the hospital where Mum died which I have done on many occasions. But tonight was different, as I spotted the sign “Austin Hospital” I had the most powerful blanket of sadness fall over me that I have ever felt. It is really hard to explain exactly how I felt other than really really sad and empty. I’m not sure why it happened but I am OK now. I am guessing these feelings will engulf me every now as we can never loose the connection with our parents, especially our Mother as she gave birth to us.

“Davine Time” update: Having this cold wintery night to
myself curled up in my comfy chair watching telly.