Here are some more facts about laughter from “Psychology Today”.
- Laughter plays a big role in mating. Men like women who laugh heartily in their presence.
- Both sexes laugh a lot, but females laugh more--126 percent more than their male counterparts. Men are more laugh-getters.
- The laughter of the female is the critical index of a healthy relationship
- Laughter in relationships declines dramatically as people age.
- Like yawning, laughter is contagious; the laugher of others is irresistible
- One of the best ways to stimulate laughter--and it's probably the most ancient way--is by tickling. Tickling is inherently social; we can't tickle ourselves.
“Living to Learn” update: Jack contributed to this addition as well. We were talking about words that were used back in the day and this one came up that I never knew.
Dodger : Meaning Bread (Dodger Bread) Originally from a British dialect term ‘dodge’ meaning ‘a large cut or slice of food’, it may also have entered Australia through the US which had the term ‘corn-dodger’ meaning ‘a cake of corn bread’ from the 1830s.
“Davine Time” update: Today my “Davine Time” was definitely doing something for someone else. My friend Alice had a shoulder operation on Wednesday and is now at home trying to deal with quite a bit of pain. I was really glad I was able to help her out today.
Beautiful Flinders Island - Tasmania