Sunday, December 27, 2009

Winding down 2009

It's about this time of year I start to think about what I have accomplished in the last 12 months. Checking with myself which projects, events, situations I have been satisfied with and not so much with others. Every year during this week I have a real feeling of trying to tie up as many loose ends as I can so I can start the upcoming year with a relative clean slate. As I have gotten older I have realized I enjoy preparing for endings of things and beginnings as well. If I was to name one thing I have done this year and have been proud of it, it would be that I have started my jewellery business. But the challenge in 2010 is to now prepare and treat it like an actual business and not a hobby. That is the scary bit!!! In recent weeks I have made quite a few sales and am now getting asked for business cards and whether I have a website. Mmmmm none of the above just yet!!! So the challenge for me is to yes design and print some business cards - I am not to fazed about these, I can do this. But a WEBSITE - oh my dear what do I do - do it myself? Pay someone else to do it - Mmmm I have a problem with spending money on something I MAY be able to do. But the question is when will I get around to not only researching but actually doing it!! Every time I start to think about it - it makes my brain hurt!! But I am going to do it - I am not going to let the procrastinator in me take over.


Now to finish on a more positive note, I would love to hear from you with one

thing you are proud you have accomplished during 2009??