Wednesday, March 24, 2010

No Ho-Hums for me.

One sure way of getting over the Ho-Hums is keep busy and hang out with people who are FUN. Well that is exactly what I have done the past two days. I know I have mentioned this before but I am so lucky to have the friends I have. They really are fun and I love them all.


Last night I caught up with some girls I worked with years ago at the Tasmanian Travel Centre. Kaye, Di, Lyn, Kath, Rosa and I get together a few times during the year for dinner, Christmas in July and Christmas in December. There is always so must conversation, laughter and joy at the table I am usually on a high for quite a while afterwards.

Then today I shared lunch with my two “Spirit of Tasmania” girls. Isn’t if funny how sometimes you meet people through work and you just click. Well I definitely feel like I have clicked with Kristy and Emma. I must say in the nicest possible way they are crazy. Not only did they shout me lunch but they also gave me some lovely flowers for my birthday tomorrow.

Tomorrow I am actually working – usually try not to on my birthday but, oh well – at the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show. It is held in our Royal Exhibition Buildings which are amazing. So I will endeavour to take some photos. I was there yesterday dropping of some flyers and there was lots of stand building going on and lots of people in their bright orange safety jackets. Then I came across this gorgeous little helper in his safety jacket. Oh, he was so cute.

“Davine Time” update: Yesterday and today would have to be spending time with friends.