Sunday, August 18, 2013

Goodbye Broome........

Today was a day of cleaning, shopping, packing in preparation for our departure from Broome tomorrow morning. I have really enjoyed staying here, the weather has been superb and I have had some wonderful experiences. Broome has a really safe feel about it and I think it would be a nice place to live in the dry season. I think the wet season would be a bit hot, humid and basically wet for me. So with my goodbye to Broome I thought I would just share you a couple of photos from this beautiful part of Australia.

Our Journey so far - now turns into a southward adventure instead of a northward one
 
Not only was this road an experience but having red dirt in everything
 (and I mean everything) was an experience too!

Mum and Bub come to visit

Just one of the many beautiful sunsets I have seen so far

The joy of watching a baby sea eagle take one of its first
flights out over the ocean was so amazing

Tomorrow we head south - not very far, under 200km to a place called Barn Hill Station. Having never been there I don't know what to expect. But I have had some good reports from other travellers and I like the sound of it on their website. We're not sure how long we will stay there, just play that by ear. I think I may have some electricity and mobile connection, but I doubt there will be Internet coverage, so it may be a while before I can update my blog.