Friday, July 27, 2012

A Very Sad Loss

Today the Australian music industry and the Australian public lost a talented, nice and pretty spunky man - Darryl Cotton. When I was a teenager he was the lead singer of a group called "Zoot". They wore all pink, sang great songs and were very easy on the eye. My favorite by far was Darryl Cotton, you might say I idolised him. One time when I was in my 20's I was at the Royal Melbourne Show with my boyfriend (Paul)  I spotted Darryl and his girlfriend wandering around the show. Me being me grabbed Paul arms and dragged him along following Darryl ( stalking actually) around. Then in my 50's I went to a Mothers Day Show with a group of girlfriends to see Darryl perform. I will admit I was like a giddy school girl - he was still as sexy and as talented as he was when I was 15. I was lucky enough to talk to him and confess of my stalking incident, tell him how great I thought he was and I even got a kiss.
Thank you Darryl for bringing so much joy to this Aussie girl - you will be sadly missed.

3 comments:

  1. Davine I bet you made his day when you shared your stalking story with him, that's such an adorable story which probably had him feeling young again! ;-)

    RIP Darryl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Darlene - He was a very generous person - it made my day I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be a sad day for you. I must confess, I had never heard of him. Maybe I was under a rock somewhere or more likely involved with my kid's activities then. Thanks for the visit and comment.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments.