Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Why "53 Buddhas and Me"??



That is the question.
Why did I name my blog
"53 Buddha's and Me"?
For anyone who knows me, they know I am a bit of a collector of Buddhas. Everywhere I go, if I see a Buddha I just have to buy one. Its nice to have them from various locations as it takes me back to that place for a moment. Friends have even been on holidays all over the world and returned home with a Buddha for me. It's like I have joined them on their holiday, if only in their thoughts. I just love my Buddhas, for some reason when I am near any of them I am transported to a really peaceful and happy place. This photo is of my very 1st Buddha. I was on a short holiday in Hong Kong with my ex - Paul. We caught the ferry to Macau and there was a street stall of goods that had been made in China. I fell in love with him straight away and that was the beginning of my Buddha addiction. He is made from tree sap and looks really beautiful of an evening when I place a tea light candle behind him - he glows so beautifully. So now why I named my blog "53 Buddha's and Me". Well at the time I started writing my blog I had 53 Buddhas, but now I have 53 1/2 - 1/2 you might ask. Well I am now minding one for Rachel's (D26) partner Luke. He is already looking quite content with the rest of the clan. As I continue with my blog I will introduce you to my other Buddhas.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments.