Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Oh my, I'm Building a House!


My meeting with Richard from Hotondo Homes went really well and I felt comfortable with him, which means a lot to my intuition. I was excited but quite nervous about this meeting as I’ve never gone through the process of building a house where I make all the decisions. Throughout the several hours I spent with him he ran through all the information he needed to tell me, we looked at the layout, inclusions and standard of the houses already built by Hotondo Homes. Looking around I was impressed with the standard, not that I’m an expert. I also ran through the three pages of questions I had prepared. It was pretty weird writing my questions as I didn’t really know what questions to ask.
Seachange Estate
During this initial meeting I also made some preliminary decisions on things like roofline, lighting requirements and extras I really knew I wanted. Although nothing is set in stone until much further in the process. I was then required to pay a $1000 refundable deposit. He also advised that the title of the land would not come through for 12 -15 months as it is only a paddock at the moment. That takes it well into the tail end of 2020, but that doesn't worry me as I have to have time to get my current house organised and sold. Then it was a short drive to checkout my piece of land. It took exactly 3 minutes to drive to the beach. 
Lot 614 - This is where my new house will stand

Oh I'm thinking there might be a little bit of fishing done from this pier
Oh, my giddy aunt my head was spinning when I left. I can't believe I am actually buying a new house.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments.