Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Live Life

Today (Tuesday) I had an experience that has really made me think about life, death, the stuff in our lives, our loved ones, friends and just how important it is to cherish and make the most of each and every second we have on this earth. The experience that I saw was a man around my age, collapsed on the ground being given CPR and electric shocks by regular people and paramedics trying to bring him back to this world. I did look at his face and could just tell that he was no longer with us. I looked at his bag of shopping he had just bought laying there discarded. His clothes that had been cut off him thrown aside so he could be treated. It made me sad to think he probably had loved ones that had no idea of what was going on. He may have had plans to do something else later today, this week, this year but will no longer have the chance to do it. He may have had something he had put off and thought "I should do that", but now the opportunity is lost. I have never seen someone be treated this way in real life before and it has really affected me. It reconfirmed to me that we just don't know when our time is up. We really need to live every moment to the fullest. If you have something in your life you are not happy about, get rid of it, change it. Don't store your best dinner set in the cupboard, use it. Above all tell the people in your life just how much they mean to you, give out lots of hugs and "I love you's". Throw away the "I should's" and replace them with the "I am's". I really hope this poor stranger made it but in my heart I don't think he did. RIP stranger. ❤️❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments.