Monday, June 23, 2014

Happenings

What's been happening in your life this past week? Mine has been a pretty good one, with a bit of creativity, spending time with new and old friends and getting some organisation done at home.
Last weekend I went away on a scrapbooking retreat. I wasn't sure how I would go still having my right arm in a sling and still not being allowed to move my shoulder. Being right handed and only having my left arm fully operational I have had to get over my stubborn independence and accept help from those around me. Even though I can't move my shoulder I have been able to manoeuvre myself so I can do a little with my right hand. I couldn't get into total photo scrapping but I was pretty pleased with the cards I was able to create. 
A wonderful weekend at a wonderful location

Pretty proud of my creations
 Then on Tuesday as I was being driven around to run some errands I was lucky to be treated to one of the most amazing rainbow you could ask for. 
Lucky I wasn't driving
Today I had my second Physio appointment and I can finally take off the sling. I must say I don't really like having my arm in a sling, it gets a bit claustrophobic at times - but no longer. My new lot of exercises are to start getting the muscles in my right arm working again. It was quite weird when the physio asked me to try and lift my arm and it just wouldn't move. The exercises are a bit painful but I will persevere. Hopefully it won't be to long before I can lift my arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments.