Saturday, February 22, 2014

Coffin Bay

We are now in Coffin Bay which a little township located on the bottom point of the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia. It has a population of around 650 but during holiday season and Easter that can grow to around 4,000. I'm so glad it's not the busy time at the moment. This area is famous all over Australia for its oysters. Some say they are the best in Australia, they are pretty good but in my opinion I think the Tassie (Tasmania) oysters are the best. That doesn't mean I won't be eating as many as I can while I'm here. I'm quite tired tonight and my brain can't think of anything to write, so I might just share some photos I've taken over the past few days.
Mmmmmm Seafood

I'm not sure why but Coffin Bay's golf course has black greens??

As we finished fishing today we were treated with a beautiful sunset

Australia's famous racehorse Makybe Diva

In 2005 Makybe Diva became the only horse to win the Melbourne Cup three times

This Whale tail art in Elliston gave me a giggle

Port Lincoln wharf

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments.