Friday, May 4, 2012

Endings and Beginnings

Well here we are at another Friday, the end of most peoples working week. Not so for me - for me it's the beginning of another weekend of looking after guests at "Old Chilli " in Daylesford". But this weekend I have mixed feelings as it is the last weekend I will be here in beautiful Daylesford. My mixed feelings are sadness that my wonderful 12 month adventure of managing the BnB is coming to an end, but also happiness that I am heading home and will have more time to catch up with not only my family but my friends as well.  I have thoroughly enjoyed my 12 months, I have meet some really lovely people, had experiences that I never thought I would have and proved to myself I can do anything if I put my mind to it. I did not take on this adventure as a money making venture but a personal growth venture. A couple of months ago I was at a loss as to think of any personal growth I had made over the time but in the past 8 weeks or so I have had a a few revelations both spiritually and mentally that I now know that my time in Daylesford has given me exactly what it was supposed to. Very appropriately my "Medicine Wheel" message for this month is "Success"!! Do I feel my 12 months at "Old Chilli " has been a success? Yes, definitely!!
So now I move onto my next 8 month life adventure . Why 8 months - well as of mid January 2013 Shane and I will be travelling around Australia for 12 months - so looking forward to writing about all the places we visit. So what will the next 8 months bring - I don't know but what I do know it will be an adventure! No matter what you, do make sure your life too is an ADVENTURE!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing this adventure, may the next one be as much 'fun'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Davine it's hard to believe that it's been a year already, time goes so quickly doesn't it? I think that's fantastic that you're going to tour around your own country, can I tag along? lol I've fallen in love with Australia, it's going to be so hard to leave, but on the other hand I can't wait to get home to my loved ones.

    I wish you all the best in your next venture, but I'm sure we'll chat before you head off... more time to blog may be in your near future? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congratulations on your Wonderful Journey, Davine! I love that your Medicine Wheel theme this month is SUCCESS ... what a wonderful way to complete the circle.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments.