Monday, October 12, 2009

"Doors"

I have always had a fascination with doors. I love looking at them, photographing them, wondering about all the characters that have passed thru them and what goes on behind them. Last week I came across Luize's blog and she had some great shots of some doors and so I thought I might share some of mine. These shots were taken in the tiny historic town of Chiltern. I was on my way back to Melbourne from Albury and decided to stop of to get some breakfast. It was really early in the morning and the only shops open were the bakery and the newsagency, so I decided to wander the towns historic main street and get some door photos.


The photo of the "Little Red Door" is actually a tiny door on the main street post box. If you look closely the handle is a hand holding the rail. Is was so cute - imagine all the mail that has passed this little hand.


The "Blue Door" was the entrance to the local "Pub". Now if this door could talk imagine the stories it would tell. I bet there were a lot of people who remembered walking in but don't remember walking out or maybe even getting thrown out.
Next time you are standing in front of a door, imagine all of the exciting stuff that door could tell you.