Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sad Day

Today hasn't been much fun as it is 12 months since my dear old Dad left me. I had to work and I was glad, otherwise I would have just sat around all day and felt sorry for myself. I know we all have to go through the loss of a parent but when you are in the midst of the emotion you feel like the only one in the world that is suffering. I want to thank all of my wonderful friends for putting such lovely comments on my facebook page and I want you to know that your words do help. My Dads name was/is Keith Pitcher and he was a wonderful man. Yes I was a daddy's girl (even at 56) but you could asked anyone who knew him they would all tell you what a great bloke he was. He was the true epitome of a gentleman - he always opened the door for a woman, always walked on the road side of the footpath, just as they did back in the 30's, 40's and 50's. I never ever heard him say a wrong word about anyone, I remember we did have one relative that was quite the busybody and quite annoying. When people in the family would be complaining about her all my Dad would say was "She means well". He also had a very cheeky sense of humour, he would be serious in a conversation and all of a sudden this cheeky little boy would show up. The people he loved most in the world were his Mum - Myrtle, his wife and my Mum - Joan and me and us three woman were very honoured to have had him in our lives. Thanks Dad for helping me be me.